Leaderboard ads are 728x90 banners defined as a standard IAB unit, hence they are supported by most major ad serving companies. These units tend to be the first thing users see as Leaderboards tend to be placed at the top of a page, hence the term
“leader.” Leaderboard ads can either be static images or interactive expandables that feature user-initiated audio and video. Template:Click here to download this template or save the image below.
Submission Lead-Time: Creative files and click-through URLs must be submitted to Northstar no later than 5 business days prior to launch. HTML5 submissions are due 10 business days prior to launch.
|Creative Unit Name
width x height
|File Size Limit
|Static Leaderboard||728x90||.gif, .jpg, .png||60 KB max initial load|
|HTML 5 Leaderboard||728x90||HTML 5||200 KB max initial load|
Allowed for this unit.
Not Allowed for this unit.
Video & Audio: Allowed for this unit.
- Image and Video combined cannot exceed 1 MB in total file size.
- Audio Starts with Video after User Initiation
- Video: Minimum 24fps. Resolution 240x180 or greater.
- Preferred file formats: *.mpg, *.avi, *.flv, *.mov and *.mp4.
- Length: 15 seconds maximum
- Video Controls: Play, Pause, Rewind, Volume.
- Controls on Edge - Replay, Close X
3rd Party Hosted Required for HTML5 units not being built by Northstar. See
General Guidelines for additional information. Northstar will not provide video metrics on 3rd party hosted creative.