- Include Subject Line with Final completed email files
- You may also include a seed list of up to 10 additional internal recipients of the blast as well as a suppression list that does not exceed 10,000 emails.
- Due to security regulations Do not send .sit files.
- Email material to:
- Maximum 50 characters, including spaces.
- Most important message should appear in the first 5 to 7 words.
- HTML not allowed in subject line
- We cannot guarantee that special characters and emojis will work in all email clients and you run the risk of your subject line not rendering correctly
- Format: HTML
- Recommended File Size: 100KB (HTML + Images)
- Maximum File Size: 300KB (HTML + Images)
- Maximum Pixel Width: 600 pixels
- Use inline (within HTML element) or embedded (within tags) CSS only
- Image formats allowed: GIF, JPG, PNG
- Individual images should not exceed 1728 pixels in height - they will not render properly in Outlook
- All URL's and tracking pixels are required to be embedded into the HTML file.
- All graphics used must be 72dpi
- Images will be stored on NTG Server
- Use basic, cross-platform fonts such as Arial, Verdana, Georgia, and Times New Roman
- Background images
- Nested background colors or background colors outside of table structure
- map tags
- Flash or other plugins
- CSS Style Sheets
- CSS Floats, CSS Positioning
Outlook Rendering Disclaimer
Due the limited and varied support of features in Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, we cannot guarantee your email will render correctly in these clients. Background images, animated GIFs, image padding, DPI scaling, page breaks, link colors, float, and other elements are not supported in desktop versions of Outlook. When possible, please provide fallback options with your creative code. As an alternative, every email can be viewed as a webpage by clicking the prompt at the top of your email blast.
- 50/50 text to images ratio will improve deliverability (based on bytes) since image heavy emails are spam triggers. Image only HTMLs will appear blank until images are downloaded.
- tags are the most reliable way to achieve a consistent layout in emails
- HTML text should be used where possible. Low color images (anything less than 256 colors) should use GIFs; high color images and photos should use JPEG. JPEGs should be web optimized for the images to be sized appropriately. Graphics should be sliced where it is practical.
- What appears fine in one email client may not appear fine in another. This makes it impossible to create a dynamic HTML email that will display well in every mail client application. Different email services have different limitations and restrictions.
For example-- Outlook 2007 and 2010 do not support animated gifs or background images.
- Third Party tag requirements: All URL’s and tracking pixels are required to be embedded into the HTML file.
- NTM will provide metrics reports as proof of performance and will not guarantee track ability by any 3rd party vendor or offer any make goods for non-functioning 3rd party tags.
Northstar Travel Media provides opt-out capabilities against it’s e-list in each email. The email sponsor may choose to use the below copy within the content of their email. Any deviation from the language outlined below must be pre-approved by the Digital Production Department.
(text below to be used if providing a direct opt-out along with Northstar’s)
“This email is being sent by Northstar Travel Group on behalf of CLIENT. If you wish to unsubscribe from future supplier promotions sent by Northstar please click on the link at the bottom of this email. If you wish to unsubscribe from CLIENT directly, please CLICK HERE.”
Due to CAN SPAM compliancy regulations, NTM can not accept email addresses to be added to the mailing list. NTM will accept email addresses or suppression lists to be excluded from the mailing or a list of email addresses to be used as the seed list for the mailing. Seed lists may not exceed 10 email addresses.
NTM requires 10 business days advanced notice for suppression lists exceeding 10,000 names or lists that require scrubbing by a 3rd party vendor. NTM will make every attempt to accommodate any requests that come in after this deadline, but will not guarantee that the lists will be ready in time for deployment date. In this case, the mailing can either
be deployed without the suppression list or rescheduled for the next available mailing date, whichever the client prefers.
Please note that 3rd party vendors are required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). NTM will not release any lists without a signed NDA.
Target distribution list must be confirmed 5 days prior to deployment. NTG will not guarantee any changes received after this deadline.